Welcome to The Damcasters, a podcast covering aviation history from when Pontius was a Pilate to today and beyond, brought to you in association with the Pima Air and Space Museum.Every week, we will be taking a fresh look at the history of both civil and military flying, from the earliest days of people jumping off of rocks and hoping to survive to the latest in unmanned flight. While it is inevitable that we will we can get a bit avgeek-y, we aim to be as inclusive as possible so that if you have even a passing interest in flight, we will have something for you.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.
Eileen Bjorkman is a retired USAF Colonel who was a Flight Test engineer on over 25 types during her career that would see her end up in the Pentagon. Her new book, The Fly Girls Revolt, examines the journey the US Air Force’s women have taken from the days of the WASPs and WAC to now flying all types of front-line combat aircraft, including the B-1B while pregnant. Yes, there is a baby out there in the world with more BONE time than me…
The Fly Girls Revolt: The Story of the Women Who Kicked Open the Door to Fly in Combat by Eileen Bjorkman is published on the 23rd May, 2023 by Knox Press, who kindly provided this review copy.
- You can follow Eileen on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/AviationHistGal
- Eileen’s website can be found at: https://eileenbjorkman.com/
Please check out our sponsor, the Pima Air and Space Museum, through the links below: Visit the Pima Air and Space Museum’s website here: https://pimaair.org/
- Learn more about the Titan Missle Museum here: https://titanmissilemuseum.org/
- Find out who is in the Arizona Aviation Hall of Fame here: https://pimaair.org/about-us/arizona-aviation-hall-of-fame/
- Want to know how the Tucson Military Vehicle Museum is progressing? Find out more here: https://www.tucsonmilitaryvehicle.org/
Fancy becoming a Damcasteer? Join the fun on Patreon! Join from just £3+VAT a month to get ad-free episodes, chat with Matt and grab some merch. Check out the link below for more info.